oomph - High Point Showrrom
Historic Market Square, Suite 200
Second Floor, near the elevators
203-216-9848It's only a couple of weeks away! That's right, we're talking about High Point Market. If you are planning to visit the world's most exciting Furniture Market, don't forget a visit to Historic Market Square, the home of oomph, and so many other great brands. This market, we've really switched things up. We'll be showcasing our lacquer, upholstery, and lighting to the backdrop of Miles Redd's Brighton Pavilion for Schumacher. The rich coloring of the glamorous panels pairs perfectly with so many of the 16 colors we offer. As it is based on a rare 18th-century document and created by one of Europe's premier engravers, it's truly a classic, re-imagined for modern living. See how we've interpreted this outstanding wall covering, and given it the oomph treatment!
The Wave Platform Bed and Headboard
NEW! Lyford Wing Chair
NEW! Scallop-hemmed Upholstered Slipper Chair
Scallop Slipper Chair
Hobe Sound Side Table
Hobe Sound Coffee Table
Hobe Sound Lantern and SconcesThere's more to the scallop shell than meets a designer's eye. The scallop shell has a long history in this world:
- Can be dated back to a prehistoric era
- Is referenced many times in the Bible (a symbol of both Saint James and Saint Augustine)
- Botticelli immortalized the shell in "Birth of Venus"
- Proust's favorite cookie was the Madeline - the perfect, French, scallop-shaped pastry.
- Visible on several royal coats of arms - heard of Princes William and Harry?
- Can be seen on just about every door in Nantucket in the form of a brass knocker
- And one of my most favorite varietals of scallop shell: The Verdura version